The Boitzenburg gardener’s lodge appears for the first time in 1780, in the blueprints for the High Nobleman Baron von Arnim’s castle and gardens at Boitzenburg, although the hand-worked oak trusses of the lower half of the building could well be even older.
The upper part of the timbering dates from around 1880, as do the rose crosses at the ridges and the decorative elements of the windows, balconies and below the ridges. The slate roofing, atypical for the Uckermark, also dates from this time. The enlargement and redesign of the house was inspired by impressions gathered by Count von Arnim on his travels through Norway and Switzerland.
The gardener’s lodge was part of the inner castle district, and is surrounded by a brick wall, remains of which can still be seen on both sides of the street’s gable. The building was intended as a residence for the castle’s gardener as well as for his assistants and apprentices
Advertisement from 17.09.1859
Copyright © 2021 | Architekturspaziergang.de | Impressum und Datenschutz